Here we are going to discuss a very important topic in terms of digital marketing, what is SEO and how it works. Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website on organic (“natural” or un-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs), by incorporating search engine friendly elements into a website.
A successful search engine optimization campaign will have, as part of the improvements, carefully select, relevant, keywords which the on-page optimization will be designed to make prominent for search engine algorithms. Search engine optimization is broken down into three basic areas: On Page SEO, Off Page SEO and Technical SEO.
- On Page SEO refers to website elements which comprise a web page, such as HTML code, textual content, and images.
- Off Page SEO refers, predominantly to backlinks (links pointing to the site which is being optimized, from other relevant websites).
- The main goal of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without any problems.
There are three major types of search engine optimization, white hat SEO (the ‘good’ kind), and black hat SEO (the ‘not so good’ kind). There are of course differing opinions about what is SEO and how it works and the nature of each type of SEO. Get the information you need to be able to tell them apart and make an informed decision.
What is White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO is a practice used to improve search performance that you have to work according to search engine guideline for your website. It refers to practice that improves your search performance on a search engine results page – SERP.
White Hat SEO technique that include using keywords, keyword analysis, rewriting Meta tags in order for them to be more relevant, link building as well as writing content easy for human readers. Those who are use white hat can expect to make a long life of their website.
Following factors have to be taken into White Hat SEO.
- Quality Content – Quality Content means write fresh content for your website and in Meta tags.
- Good URL Structure– Create Good URL Structure for your website that is user friendly or read by user easily.
- Writing Good Meta tag – (Title, Tag, Description)
- Keyword analysis – Analyze Keyword that is relevant to your website
- Link building
Is White Hat SEO Important for You?
If you want to increase your website ranking for long time in Google (SERP), so white hat SEO in important for you and your website.
What is Black Hat SEO
Black hat SEO refers to the use of unethical strategies, techniques and tactics that focus only on search engines and not human, means that violate the search engines’ terms of service.
It is more frequently used by the person those who are looking for a quick result on their Web site. Black hat can possibly result in your Web site being banned from a search engine that is harmful for your website.
List of Few Black Hat SEO Technique
- Website Over optimization
- Guest Post Spam
- Unrelated Keywords
- Keyword Stacking and Keyword Stuffing
- Tiny Text, Hidden Text, and Hidden Links
- Doorway Pages or Gateway Pages
- Page Swapping
- Duplicate Content or Mirror Site
- Spam Blogs
- Comment Spam
- Trackback Spam
- Spam Ping
- Referrer Spam
- Link Farms
- Cybersquatting or Domain Squatting
- URL Hijacking
- Social Networking Spam
- Cookie Stuffing or Cookie Dropping
Advantage of Black Hat Technique
- Quick result
- Get higher ranked your website on Google for short term