Compared to recruiting locally, offshoring not only gives you access to a larger pool of potential candidates from all over the world, but also helps you save a lot of money.
In this article, I will discuss the five most important considerations you should make before hiring an offshore email developer. We hope this will help you narrow in on a skilled HTML email developer that meets your unique requirements. Read on to find out more!
Table of Contents
1. Expertise and Skills
You need someone who isn’t just good at but truly enjoys the process of developing engaging and effective email campaigns.
Check their level of familiarity with common email marketing tools like MailChimp and Constant Contact before making an offer. If you want your emails to look great on PCs, tablets, and smartphones, you should hire an HTML email developer who is fluent with delivering responsive email templates. Your email marketing operations will benefit greatly from the addition of a developer who can write emails that are both visually appealing and user-friendly across platforms.
2. Portfolio and Experience
Feel free to ask for samples and completed projects from the offshore email developers you are shortlisting to get a sense of their work ethic and quality.
- Examine the standard of their work carefully.
- Do the email designs impress you?
- Do they exhibit exemplary attention to detail?
- How user- and navigation-friendly are their emails?
By ensuring they have relevant experience in your field, you can rest assured that they will send emails that are tailored to your business’s needs and ones that will impress your subscribers.
3. Communication and Language Proficiency
The key to any productive team effort is clear and constant communication. The developer you hire should be a coding whiz as well as a good communicator.
- Check for fluency in English or any other language relevant to your business. A clear and open line of communication ensures that ideas flow smoothly and your developer fully understands your vision and requirements. There’s nothing more frustrating than miscommunications leading to missed opportunities or emails that don’t quite hit the mark.
- Time zone differences aside, you want an offshore email developer who responds promptly and who is readily available when you need them.
- It’s essential to establish how you’ll communicate- through emails, messaging platforms, or video calls- to ensure a seamless and efficient working relationship.
Keep in mind that effective communication goes both ways! Be sure to provide clear briefs and feedback to the developer, so that they can make the necessary adjustments and deliver emails that align perfectly with your expectations.
4. Time Zone and Availability
Differences in time zones can have a significant effect on how well your email marketing campaign performs.
Try to find an off-shore developer whose schedule aligns with yours. Even if you narrow in on a developer who resides in a time-zone that is different from yours, ensure that they can remain available during your working hours.
5. Reviews and Testimonials
A solid internet reputation is an excellent indicator of a developer’s dependability and professionalism. Check out their blog, social media pages, and any press they may have received. You may learn a lot about their knowledge and experience in the field of email marketing from this.
However, that’s not all! Check out review sites and online directories to see feedback left by their previous clients. This will help you gain an idea about their project management abilities, communication skills, and client retention rates.
Opting for offshoring can help you supercharge email marketing campaigns and outrank your competitors. At the same time, be sure to vet the developer you narrow in on against the considerations we highlighted above to prevent things from taking an awry turn.
Author: Kevin George is the head of marketing at Email Uplers, that specializes in crafting Professional Email Templates, PSD to Email conversion, and Mailchimp Templates. Kevin loves gadgets, bikes & jazz, and he breathes email marketing. He enjoys sharing his insights and thoughts on email marketing best practices on email marketing blog.