The work of a tailor is to collect the raw materials, to find matching threads, to cut the cloth to the right shape, and finally to stitch the cloth so that it can be delivered to the customer. A marketing agency is similar to a tailor. Ads are created, plans are made as to how, when and where they should be delivered, and they are delivered to the client. Advertising agencies are rarely dependent on anyone or any organization.
All the efforts are put into selling the products of these agencies. With the help of their experts in their particular fields, the companies or organizations are able to reach their target customers easily and effectively.
In 1786, William Taylor founded the first advertising agency, followed by James “Jem” White in 1800, and Reynell & Son in 1812.
Table of Contents
Advertising Agencies: Their Role
- Based on information gathered about the product, creating an advertisement
- Performing research on the company and the product, as well as customer reactions.
- Choosing the type of media to be used, when and where it will be used, and how much time it will take.
- Feedback from clients and customers is taken into account before determining a further course of action
It is possible for all companies to handle this work themselves. You can have them make ads, print them, or advertise them on television or other media; they can also manage the accounts. Does that mean advertising agencies are not required? Advertising agencies are hired for a variety of reasons, including:
- These agencies specialize in this area. The team has different people for different roles, such as copywriters, art directors, planners, etc.
- Their experience and knowledge are put to maximum use by the agencies.
- The team is very professional and works with an objective.
- In some cases, hiring them can save the company money.
Advertising agencies can be divided into five types.
Agencies offering full-service
- Agencies that are large.
- Affects the whole advertising process.
- For different departments, there are different experts.
- The work begins with the gathering and analyzing of data, and ends with the payment of bills to media people.
Agencies that engage with consumers
- Communication is conducted through modernized modes.
- Utilizes online advertisements, mobile phones to send personal messages, etc.
- The ads produced were very interactive, had very new concepts, and they were very innovative.
Boutiques for creatives
- These ads are extremely creative and innovative.
- In addition to creating actual ads, no other functions are performed.
- A small agency with its own copywriters, directors, and creative people.
Agencies that buy media
- Purchases advertisement space and resells it to advertisers.
- Places advertisements for a specified period of time.
- Creates a schedule of timeslots at various television and radio stations.
- Checks to make sure that the advertisement has been aired at the requested time and location.
- The same caliber of service as full-service agencies.
- The large organizations prefer agencies that are built just for them and don’t work for anyone else.
- Organizations utilize these agencies depending on their requirements.
For some special advertisements, there are some specialized agencies. For these types of agencies, there must be specialists in the field. Advertising showing social messages, advertisements related to finance, advertising related to medicine, etc.