The applicants who have been waiting for their SBI credit card can check and track the status of their credit card application in some simple steps. It does not take much time and effort to know whether their status is approved or still pending. You can get to know your SBI credit card application status either online or offline, at your convenience.
It is important to know that the credit card application reference number is quite an essential thing to keep handy. Using this credit card application reference number, you will be able to get the updated status of your SBI credit card in no time.
To know the SBI card status, here are the different methods you can resort to.:
- You can check CC Application Status online by visiting the bank website.
- You can also check SBI CC Application Status offline by calling the SBI Customer Care or by personally visiting the closest SBI branch.
Tracking Credit Card Status using the online method
To know your SBI card status, you can use internet banking. Here are the steps to follow to check the status of your SBI Credit Card using your application reference number:
- Firstly, you need to visit the bank website.
- Then, you will find ‘Credit Cards’ on the navigation bar. Click on it.
- Next, on the credit cards page, you will have to click on the option called Track Application.
- Then, a new page will open in which you need to click Track Application.
- Now, you will have to fill the section of the Track Application. Mention your application number along with the registered mobile number.
- When this is done, click Track.
- The current status of your SBI credit card application will be displayed on your screen.
Tracking SBI CC Application Status using the offline method
If you are not comfortable with the online tracking method, then you can go for the offline method of the SBI credit card application status. There are two methods to do so:
Customer Care method
You can easily check the update on your credit card by calling the credit card customer care number. Here are the numbers you can use to call SBI customer care. They work round the clock – 24*7 to attend to your queries.
- 080 2659 9990
- Toll-Free 1800 425 3800
- Toll-Free 1800 11 2211
Branch Visit Method
If the SBI branch is located close to your place and you can easily visit the nearest branch, then you can connect with a bank executive and know the status of your SBI credit card. Do not forget to carry your application reference number, e-reference number, and DOB or date of birth as your ID proof.
What are the various CC Application Status?
From the moment you apply for the Credit Card to the time you receive it, your CC application will be put under various status updates as per the assessment stage. So, at any time you want to check the SBI CC status, you can get the following results:
In progress: This status message means that your SBI credit card is in progress and the bank is still analyzing your application.
Approved: The approved status means that your SBI credit card has been successfully processed and approved. You will shortly receive your card.
Dispatched: As per this notification, you can know that your credit card has been dispatched and is on the way. The bank also sends a notification mentioning the same. You can receive the notification via SMS. The SMS contains the details such as when you are expected to get the delivery of your SBI credit card, etc. Once you validate your identity to the person delivering the card, you can collect your card.
On Hold: This status message means that the bank needs more documentation and verification of your application. In such a situation, usually, the bank reaches the customer via call or message requesting the missing documents.
Disapproved: In case your application does not match the eligibility criterion set by the SBI bank, the status of your SBI CC will result in disapproval. You can connect with customer care to know more details. You can also re-apply for the same after three months.
How to ensure that your SBI Card Status is Approved?
To ensure that your application features in the status category of ‘Approved’, ensure that you meet the eligibility standards set by the bank at the time of applying for the loan. Matching the below-mentioned parameters when you Apply for credit card:
- Your age must be more than 18 years.
- You must be a resident of India or a non-resident Indian (NRI).
- You must have a credit score of 700 or above.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be ₹1.8 lakh.
- You should be able to furnish essential documents such as one of the ID proofs, Address Proofs, and Income Proofs.