Driving organic traffic from search engines is achievable if you know search engine optimization SEO copywriting. It means you must know how to optimize every web content, whether a blog, web page landing or the like. By doing this, your website or content will appear in relevant searches from consumers.
As a result, you could generate more visitors to your website, which is essential if you want to grow your audience. With such, here are some of the basics of SEO copywriting you should understand:
Table of Contents
Some of the Basics of SEO Copywriting
If you want to thrive in SEO, then one of the things that you must give importance to is the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). The SERPs you see are the pages that appear after you enter a query into search engines like Bing, Yahoo, and Google. Having a good ranking in SERPs gets the advantage of higher traffic, as mentioned above.
And these search engines calculate the SERPs using the following factors:
- Authority: With this factor, you need to have backlinks—more links pointing back to your site—if you want to be ranked as ‘trustworthy.’ This means your website becomes more reputable if many links are pointing back to it. That’s because websites would not destroy their reputation by linking back to untrustworthy websites. However, make sure that the links are trustworthy. Otherwise, you might end up getting poor recognition. And when you have more backlinks, the more likely you are to rank higher on SERPs.
- Content: Another factor is your website’s content. Optimizing your content means you have to use the keywords that searchers are more likely to enter on search engines. And the number of keywords in your copy is a factor that search engine crawlers use to rank content.
Familiarizing yourself with SERPs is just the beginning. The next is to understand keyword research. Don’t be too eager to start writing without doing keyword research.
It means you must come up with a concrete list of keywords for your topic. It is the process of listing the key phrases and keywords for ranking. And you can do this through the following:
- Create Your Mission Statement: Remember that you’re participating in a game with plenty of tough players. So, if you don’t want your competitors to devour you quickly, you must think of a way to make your page stand out. Thus, coming up with a mission statement can help you.
It includes identifying your website’s purpose and what makes it different from similar sites. That way, you can have a guide on how to create every copy of your site. On the other hand, without a mission statement, you may end up making a copy that won’t resonate with what your site is all about.
If you’re unsure how to proceed with this step, you can also ask help from marketing agencies. There’s a lot of agencies you can find online such as Caffeine Marketing and similar websites. That way, you can focus on other important matters of your business while digital marketers will help with your SEO needs.
- List Down Keywords: After knowing what your topics are based on your mission statement, fill a keywords bucket. Here, you must choose keywords relevant to what consumers are using when searching for such a copy. These keywords are likely used by people when they search on a search engine.
For instance, the topic is ‘digital transformation.’ The keywords that are relevant to it based on what consumers are using are as follows:
- Elements of digital transformation
- What is digital transformation?
- Digital transformation strategy
- Digital transformation in business
By having these keywords, you’ll know the scope of your topic. And if you want to rank higher on SERPs, incorporate these keywords throughout your copy.
Next is to organize your content by following a structure. Just like any other project, drafting your work can help you assess and correct it. Your draft should have three main parts: Introduction, Main Body, and the Conclusion or Summary.
You can’t just write a copy whenever you want it. That’s because search engines, particularly Google, have more appreciation for copywriting with good structure.
Moreover, one of the keys is to always begin with the most important content. Remember that there’s one thing common about the readers—they read contents that interest them. Thus, your introduction must be compelling to make them continue reading the rest of the copy.
Another is to have skimmable headlines. That’s because readers are more likely to skim before they read. Only 16% of readers will take the time to read the entire content word by word.
With such, your headlines should give a glimpse of what the readers will expect from the copy. It must be informative enough to make them want to read. For instance, the headline is ‘Top 3 Digital Transformation Strategies To Help Your Business Grow.’ Then, this means that readers will expect to learn the best strategies to digitize their business.
Thus, it’s also essential to make your headlines compelling to make them read the rest of the copy. If not, they’re more likely to click on other interesting headlines.
This part could be the most exciting step for you. But you must have an objective: to produce content that gives value to the readers. And to optimize them, you must integrate your keywords.
If you’re not an expert and think that your writing experience isn’t enough, you might have difficulty carrying out this step.
You should understand that SEO copywriting is another way of marketing. So, it’d be impossible for you to generate sales if your written content is poor. Nevertheless, this shouldn’t stop you from thriving. You can outsource a content writer to make sure you put the best content on your pages. However, you must hire someone who understands SEO and its importance to your business. That way, the writer can incorporate the SEO ranking factors into the content of your copy.
As mentioned, SEO copywriting is as good as a way to market your business. And it’s one of the most affordable ways to gain organic traffic to your site. It means when you incorporate the things mentioned above, you’re more likely to have more site visitors. As a result, you can have more audience to convert into becoming paying customers.